In this episode, Janet and Nikki talk with Kevin C. Moore, biomechanist and founder of Reembody, about how to troubleshoot foot pain.
- The role of side-dominance in performance and pain
- The problems with using an over simplified model for addressing foot pain
- How dysfunction in the foot can contribute to problems with the knees and hips
- Common causes of foot dysfunction
- The biomechanics of over pronation, high arches and the big toe
- Why high arches aren’t always better than flat feet
- Simple strategies to improve foot health
Listen to this episode
Episode length: 42 minutes
- Reembody article on over pronation: Preparing the Foot, Ankle and Knee to Absorb Shock
- Finding the medial edge of the foot during squats: Read This Before You Do Another Squat
Upcoming Reembody Workshops:
Fearless Feet: Turning Pressure into Power
March 25th 2017 in Portland, Oregon
In this 5-hour workshop, we’ll explore common inefficiencies in the lower body and provide effective, sustainable measures to eliminate them. Participants will learn the theory behind proprioception, balance and power transmission while putting it all into action in real time.
Registration link: http://reembody.me/
Engaging the Glutes: The Strongest Muscle You’re Not Using.
April 22nd 2017 in Portland Oregon
This 5-hour workshop examines the multiple functions of the glute muscles as they relate to cycling. We’ll examine fast- and slow-twitch muscle behavior, laterality and side-dominance, proprioceptive gaps and the benefits of isolated stretching (it’s not what you’re picturing). Although this class is tailored for people with an interest in cycling, it is designed for all levels and every type of sports enthusiast.
Price: Early Bird: $118 (Before April 7th) Regular Price: $148.
Kevin C. Moore, founder of Reembody
Kevin is a biomechanist, human-movement specialist and founder of the Reembody Method™. He is a veteran Pilates instructor, BTS master trainer, and a frequent presenter on the EBFA medical webinar series. Kevin’s writing and work has been featured on CNN, the Huffington Post, the Daily HIIT and the South China Morning Post. He has worked with Dr. Emily Splichal, Dr. Perry Nicholson and the US Women’s Fencing Team, among others. He is also a co-founder of New Body Ethic, an American-based non-profit aimed at creating a culture of responsible fitness.
Kevin differentiates himself from other health-and-wellness experts in one striking way: he is all about building up, not tearing down. Shame is a powerful engine for profit, particularly in the fitness industry;Kevin will never pander to people’s basest fears in this way. His philosophy is simple: every body is astonishing, just as it is, and true health stems from first understanding how your body works.