In this episode, Janet and Nikki chat with strength and conditioning coach Charlie Reid about how to create a movement practice to match your fitness goals and why this can be difficult to do.
- Training to get tired versus training to get better
- Why focusing on only one thing at a time (e.g. improving strength or increasing cardiovascular endurance) can get you better results
- The difference between training to improve a skill and training to maintain a skill
- Why everyone needs a baseline of fitness before working towards performance
- How to fill in the gap between where our training models have come from (athletic training + body building) and where most people are when they start a fitness program
- The psychological aspects of why we’re attracted to certain fitness modalities and how that relates to our goals
Listen to this episode
Episode length: 50 minutes
Upcoming workshops with Charlie
Intro to Resistance Stretching-LIVE Course
Sunday, July 23rd 2017 in San Francisco, Ca
- $235 early registration (includes complete digital course) before July 1st
- $175 early regsitration (live course only) before July 1st
- $285 late registration w/digital course starting July 1st
- $225 later registration w/o digital course starting July 1st
Registration Link: http://www.charliereidfitness.com/eventsworkshops.html
Jules Mitchell and Charlie Reid offer this introductory course to resistance stretching designed for yoga teachers and other movement professionals interested in adding assisted stretching techniques to their repertoire. Get plenty of hands-on practical training, enabling you to apply these methods immediately after the course.
Additionally, Jules and Charlie troubleshoot mobility issues as they arise, providing you with insight into their talent for assessment and protocol selection. Course includes manual with instructions and photos for each exercise, a 1-hour lecture accompanied by a slideshow investigating the biomechanical and neuromechanical theory behind resistance stretching, a detailed tutorial on the art of compassionate touch and safe body mechanics, and tons of fun.
Charlie Reid, CSCS, CMT
Charlie is a Movement Educator, Coach, and Massage therapist based in San Francisco, CA. His mission is to help cultivate stronger, more resilient humans. When he’s not coaching one-on-one, teaching workshops, or hosting seminars in the Bay Area, he is most likely drinking too much espresso whilst torturing a bass guitar.