In this two-part interview, Janet and Nikki talk with Joe Hook, CSCS and Director of Human Performance, about barefoot training, choosing proper footwear and using recovery as a tool to get more out of your workouts.
- How to safely transition to barefoot training for weight lifting and more challenging activities
- Simple strategies for healthier, more adaptive feet
- Different types of minimalist shoes and how to pick the right shoe for your activity
- How foot health impacts overall function and performance
- The health and performance benefits of lifting mindfully rather than for time
- Why recovery is important for an effective fitness program and how often you should lift heavy
Listen to this episode
Episode length: 42 minutes
Joe Hook, CSCS, USAW
Joe is the Director of Human Performance for Real Human Performance (Cincinnati, Ohio). His background is in sports performance training, and he works with clients ranging from professional athletes to the average person. His training philosophy is rooted in improving movement patterns and stress resiliency.