In this episode, Janet and Nikki talk with Pilates teacher and educator Carrie Pagès about ways to stay inspired and creative in your teaching and your movement practice.
- How to use pre-Pilates exercises to get more out of your session
- Resources for creative exercise ideas and sequences
- The importance of cueing for staying engaged in the work
- Strategies to keep classes feeling new and dynamic
- How to use props to increase challenge, modify an exercise or create a better movement experience
Listen to this episode
Episode length: 38 minutes
About Carrie Pagès
For nearly two decades, Carrie Pagès has dedicated her work, life, and creativity towards sharing the gifts of Pilates with her students.
She is the owner and senior instructor of In Balance Pilates Studio and founder and facilitator of the In Balance Pilates Teacher Training Program. In 2016, Carrie won The Pilates Anytime Next Instructor Competition.
Her most recent project, CarriePagesPilates.com, is an online resource for students and instructors to take classes, observe instructional tutorials, watch demonstrations of the classical exercises, and get studio management tips. Carrie lives in Wilmington, NC with her husband, two children and beautiful Boston Terrier.