In this episode, Nikki and Janet chat with host of the Fitness Candor Podcast and personal trainer Eric Feigl about how to get the most out of your strength training without having to live in the gym.
- What a full body workout looks like and how that might differ between a 30 minute and 1 hour workout
- Why a longer workout isn’t always a more effective workout
- How to find time for strength training even when you’re really busy
- The role of recovery in building strength and seeing results
- If you need traditional cardio as part of a well rounded program
- Other considerations for programming when working with an athlete, such as sport specific programming
Listen to this episode
Episode length: 40 minutes
Eric’s interview with Nikki on the Fitness Candor Podcast
About Eric Feigl
Eric Feigl is the owner of Eric Feigl Personal Training located in Cincinnati, OH. Eric has helped individuals of all physical levels from NCAA athletes to the weekend warrior achieve their specific training goals. Backed by Mission 5 Fitness, Cincinnati’s most knowledgeable, professional and respected training facility, Eric has established himself as a go-to fitness professional.
Feigl, Kentucky and Ohio President of the American Society of Exercise Physiologists (OHASEP 2013-present), received his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Kinesiology with a concentration in Exercise Science at Eastern Illinois University. Eric was involved with the Assessment Testing and Prescription Lab and a Graduate Assistant with EIU’s athletic department and has been personal training since graduating in 2007.
Although well-versed in a spectrum of knowledge, Eric specializes in applied kinesiology and exercise science as they relate to exercise program design and injury prevention; strength development, fat loss, and physical enhancement/performance. He is also published on Cyberpump.com and hosts the podcast Fitness Candor.