In this episode, Janet and Nikki chat with Trina Altman, creator of Pilates Deconstructed™, Yoga Tune Up® Teacher Trainer and movement educator, about how to increase longevity and reduce your risk of injury in your yoga practice.
- Trina’s journey from the corporate and fashion world to teaching movement today
- How deconstructing yoga poses can give you a better workout and help support a more traditional yoga practice
- The importance of stability and mobility for reducing the risk of pain or injury + why it’s especially important for yogis
- Why Pilates and yoga are fantastic compliments to one another
- How to use self-care tools like the Yoga Tune Up® Therapy balls to reduce stress and increase body awareness
Trina’s class and workshop schedule
Listen to this episode
Episode Length: 43 minutes
Trina Altman, E-RYT 500, YACEP, PMA®-CPT, STOTT PILATES® certified instructor
Trina leads teacher trainings in Yoga Tune Up®, the Roll Model® Method and Rx Series for Equinox locally and internationally. She is the creator of Pilates Deconstructed™ an innovative interdisciplinary approach that fosters an embodied understanding of Pilates and its relationship to modern movement science.
While at Brown University, Trina took a Kripalu yoga class which ignited her passion for the practice. Emphasizing the importance of inner focus, she teaches anatomy for yoga teacher trainings across the country. She has presented at Kripalu, PURE YOGA® NYC, Cal-a-Vie Spa, SYTAR, the Yoga Alliance Leadership Conference, ECA, UCLA and multiple yoga conferences.
Her teaching fosters body cognition and self-discovery, firmly grounded in anatomical awareness. Trina builds bridges between the mystical and the pragmatic, and specializes in helping others to access their body’s tissues and their heart’s purpose. Trina works out of Los Angeles at Equinox and The Moving Joint. Find her at www.trinaaltman.com or say hello on Facebook or Instagram.